06 January 2010

Welcomes 2010 with a Big Bang!

HaPPy NeW YeAr!

How was everyone's new year so far? Well, I have been doing great actually, so far so good....I am so excited as I welcome and embrace this new decade...I have a very good feeling that it's going to be a good one this year if not a better one! However, in order to embrace the new year, one must release the old, we cannot swing from one bar to another unless we let go of the other!

Admit it... You made a few resolution this year, just like the last. In fact, you may have even stuck to a few of them. Year after year, you commit to make changes. Stop doing this... start doing that... and you know what? You're not alone!

Several of you would probably say “here we go again, another year and another stack of resolutions down the proverbial drain” But No, not this year - all excuses have expired...and mind you, life is getting shorter plus clock is ticking away....so let's put it this way--this time it will be different, and it's all about a 'good plan' that really works anyway.
Generally, tradition almost dictates that every 365 days, one has to kick bad habits and should start life anew. Most peopleto try to make the dreaded New Year’s Resolution, a solemn promise for themselves to completely change who and what they are.

Personally, that's not really the case for me-- it's more of a reflection of the past and a projection of the future sort-of-thing for me. I do make my own check list, though it's always easier said than done you know, but I try to look back and see what has been done and what's not been done and that includes my personal, professional, health and wellness and most importantly spiritual aspects of my life. Before the past year unfolds and the new year begins, I sort of gather my thoughts, mull over and then look forward to a newer plans, conceivable projections, and bigger dreams, and perhaps, raise the bar more higher, as I'm sure most of you do the same thing. Overall, I try to be a better person that I can be, thriving to live a more healthier, happier and fulfilling life.

I am happy to say that the most part of my wish lists were carried out and even succeeded with flying colors, and that took a lot of prayers, practice and perseverance, though few of them, the ones that I considered not conceivable anyways for that matter were unfulfilled and I am usually inclined to bring it forward for the next year's.
I am inspired and more encouraged when I realize that I have the chance to reflect upon on what I did, how I felt, what I didn't liked and what I have learned every year. I can look at myself and my experience with as much objectivity as I can. I got to start thinking over the past year or perhaps over the past decade...to learn from it and to go where I wish to go and be whom I wish to be...and to check once again what my priorities are.

There are endless questions that comes to mind...such as --What did I accomplish? Would I have done it differently? What were the most significant events in the past decade? the biggest challenges, toughest roadblocks, my biggest contributions? Did I make any difference at all? ....or for what I am particularly grateful?
What about you? Have you thought of this year's 2010 wish list? Whatever is your new year's wish list, hope you set a far more specific and achievable goals this time. As for me and my family, we will aim for things that are truly important to us, not what we think we ought to do or what others expect of us.

And so dear friends........as we start the year, it seems particularly fitting to devote ourselves sometime to reflect and give thanks for numerous blessings we have received and let our hearts process and prepare us for a more positive and fruitful new year ahead of us.

And remember to fully enjoy every single moment (or year) of your life's journey! :-)

Live, learn and love!


No comments: