24 January 2010

books i must read for 2010

Have you been thinking of what books to read for year 2010? I did, I thought I'd share a list here with you...these are the books that had been reviewed or that I've somehow discovered in one of my bookstores' wanderings and on-line browsings, which I personally think are most popular and considered “must-read” ones. Some of these titles were bestsellers, some critics' pick of the year, while few were award-winning books. The books below were not necessary listed down in order, or for that matter.

I would like to enjoy more books this 2010. I have already bought most of these books, (can't help it), they were carefully stacked on one of my bookshelves, while a handful were neatly piled up on my bedside table, pages waiting to be flipped and fine prints are ready to be savoured....I think this list stood out by far as per my genre's preferences, as far as the bookstores' recommendations and top bestsellers' list is concerned. These are combinations of easy read, contemporary lit books, epic drama, memoirs/biographies, historical fictions, debut novels and inspirational …..I am sure there are books I've left out unintentionally as I had narrowed it down, too many good ones to choose from.. ....so common, grab one or two from your favorite bookstores nearby and enjoy a good read! Remember, reading matters!

1)
Book of Negroes, Lawrence Hill – i'm totally captivated by this fictional account of the life of Aminata...I am almost at the end of it, 60 pages more to go out of 487...I could have finished the book by today but apparently, it's taking longer than I have expected, I wish I have all the leisure time to read, so many books....so little time....(big sigh)
2)
Handle with Care, Jodi Picoult
3)
The Gathering, Anne Enright
4)
The Space Between Us, Thrity Umrigar
5)
Wolf Hall, Hilary Mantel
6)
Time Traveller's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
7)
The Sea, John Banville
8) Long Walk to Freedom, Nelson Mandela
9) The Cellist in Sarajevo, Steven Galloway
10) Push, Sapphire
11) The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama
12) So You're One of Them, Uwem Akpan
13)
The Road, Cormac McCarthy
14)
The Last Lecture, Randy Pausch
15)
The Help, Kathryn Stockett
16)
Dear John, Nicholas Sparks
17)
Julie and Julia, Julie Powell
18) Exodus, Leon Uris

19)
Classic Parenting, Dr. James Dobson
20) God is No Laughing Matter, Julia Cameron
21) Beauty for Ashes, Joyce Meyer
22) Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand - I have to add this as per highly recommended by my BFFs Terrie and Binky, a novel considered a magnum opus in the realm of fiction writing.

No comments: