14 January 2010

terrific thursday!

Today seemed to be the craziest and busiest day of 2010! I have to say it is because it's only the second week of the year after all..haha!

What made me say it's the busiest? Thought you never asked...

Earlier today I completed my year-end reconciliations of variances, comparative analysis and reports, adjustments to comply with the audits, federal and government policies and on top of that do the necessary backups in our server before I can proceed setting up the new fiscal year 2010, not to mention emails to respond, 2010 budgets, plans, and forefasts, phone calls to make, and other deadlines to beat.....these list goes on and on...
But thank God! my year-end jitters turned out to be a successful one without going through a single glitch and free of any further painful process. As usual it took more than just couple of runs to Starbucks for my lattes for the last few days....times such as this needed full-focus, undivided attention, increased brain power, boost of energy and clear-cut concentration...I tell you, just few sips of latte increases my blood-flow and so with my work pace, I was all fired up at the same time!

I took my lunch a little late but then again I was relieved. It was such a delight and a big relief that at the last sipped of my last cup of coffee – it coincided the exact time when the prompt message or the dialogue window said : Back-up was successfully completed! Tada!

But that was not the end of it all...I have to do the next step, which is altogether was not that bad.

When I came home I thought I could do some relaxation knowing I don't have to fix supper today, I thought I could just warm up some LO from last night's (left over) and maybe just throw some greens and toast dinner buns. I always love the feeling of coming home when I am greeted by Ashley and Andrew's sweet hugs and kisses..... but guess what??? I am also greeted with the last minute homework, book report and social studies research works - all are due tomorrow!!! And not to mention, my iCalendar reminded me too of Andrew's skiing lesson tomorrow, I need to pack this and that, I was like, whew! God help me, I could use some help here please....(big and long sigh)

I was panicking a little bit, stress level was just about to raise, then I remember what to do. I have to breathe in and out and told myself to calm down and everything will be just fine.......and it's a good thing, both of my children are not so needy and can practically handle school stuffs with very minimal supervisions and instructions. But of course kids are just kids, they still need grown ups directions.
And mostly, all the 'mommy's I've known do all the worrying and at the same time think all the problem-solving :-) Do I hear "Amen"?? So, I have to do what I have to do, you know, take charge and use the skill that most moms are good at –- guess what?? multitasking! I must admit, I am so lucky enough, my husband is such a big help and he takes care of the dishes, the garbage, recycling and other stuffs too ((wink wink ;-)). I wouldn't know what I would do without Noel! Am I so lucky or what? It's true though, without my husband's full support system and my children's inpiration...it'll be harder for me to deal my daily chores and challenges...I owe it to Noel and so here's my hat totally off to him...and I don't even call that 'smooching'.

Though, I am quite disappointed because aside from missing my favorite show "Grey's Anatomy", I thought I could read few chapters today, as I have yet to finish the book I am reading...and since I am totally drawn to the characters especially the protagonist named Aminata...

But anyways, I am just thankful really and very appreciative that I get to accomplish tons of things today without feeling exhausted and stressed and in fact still have the time to be connected with myself. Writing or blogging whatever you call it seem to give me the winding down and time that I call my own.

That's about it. My terrific Thursday! I look forward for Friday which is tomorrow. It is a fun-filled day for sure. There's got to be more things to do, things to think about and things to be decided upon and challenges to deal with! The important thing is I am coming along pretty well and positively happy about it!

To all juggling super moms out there - give yourself a good pat on your shoulder, you are doing just great. The best is yet to come for 2010! And it's gonna be as terrific as you are!

No comments: