18 May 2010

if i had to do it over again

Did you you ever want to start over --you know, have a new beginning? It happens to me sometimes, like when I am cooking a meal and thoughtlessly add one ingredient twice and I am tempted to toss out the batch and start all over again from scratch. Did you ever wish you can turn back the clock? Perhaps you even have made a list of what you would do differently.

If I had my life to live over again, I'd try to relax. I would loosen up and maybe I would limber up. I would engage in an enjoyable and recreational pursuit. Or I would be sillier than I have been in this journey.

For sure I would take more trips. I would be crazier. I would climb mountains, pick daisies, watch more sunsets....I would do more walking and looking. I would eat more ice cream and maybe less beans? I would have own a dog. I would have learn to play piano and cello. I would have watch more symphonies, operas and plays. I would have more actual adventures and fewer imaginary dreams.

You see I'm one of those people who lives a life sensibly hour after hour, day after day. But oh I have my moments too, and if I had to do it over again, i think I'll have more of them. I am one of those people who never go anywhere without a lip balm, a bottled water, a planner, a floss, an Advil, a sweater, a hand lotion and a hand sanitizer!

If I had to do it over again, I would go places, meet different people from all walks of life, learn a new language, see the wildlife, bond with the nature, live in a village, experience other people's culture, taste their soil, do things, and travel lighter than I have. I would be more tolerant and be kinder. I would learn to play more, and enjoy a more laid back lifestyle. I would laugh more and be humorous. I would live in a place of simplicity and serenity....where the sun's always shining and the beach always beckoning.....

Because when you do too much, you are almost like chasing rainbows all the time and not be able to see the full spectrum and the pallettes of its colors and I'm afraid, soon there is nothing more to give, you might wear out and you might lose the joy of life...next thing you know, it's a little bit too late.

Anyhow, this is just one of my gazillions wishful thinking!...:-)




No comments: