10 May 2009

each new day


It’s quiet. It’s early. Outside it’s still dark. Morning hasn’t broken yet. All around me are still in their slumber sleep. In a little while, a new day is coming. New every morning. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of a new day…..The solitude of a morning will be replaced and invaded by the decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.

For the next twelve hours, I will all over again be exposed to the day’s demands and again, I have to make a choice. And I am free to choose…between right and wrong decisions…

But I’d rather choose goodness.
And if I succeed, I will give Him thanks
And if I fail, I will seek His grace
And then when this day is done,
I will rest my head on my pillow and rest

So that I can draw physical and spiritual strength from Him again...

Ready to face another new day.



No comments: