02 April 2009

cold comfort


Outside my window..... cloudy, breezy, bright green growth appearing on the trees, light pink buds on cherry trees, a squirrel scampering across the backyard privacy fence. Yes, it's already April, but it's not getting any warmer here in BC. As if spring is being put on hold. Would you believe we had snow falling last night? It didn't stick though, it's only some sort of rain with slight snow. I have been really patient waiting upon the glimpse of the sun...

I thought I'm over with wool winter coats and knee high boots. Getting in to work this morning is somewhat harder than I imagine. I just wanted to stay at home, unfortunately, I couldn't just stay at home, like so many other people, some days are extremely busy and important days and I had few concerns red-flagged on my task lists, couple of which needed my undivided attention and have to be taken care of in-a-matter of urgency, you could call it a "right-now situation"!

Time like this, all I wanted to do is to snuggle up at home. Maybe watch an old-time favorite romantic-comedy movie...or better be, sip a cuppa hot-chocolate drink with cinnamon and marshmallows and gather around the fireplace with my family. I have a much better idea though, I think it might be time to dig out some books for an evening of reading. Digging up my piles of dusted books is very comforting. I get a great deal of consolation from my array of books. I find reading very relaxing, specially when you feel ill, stressed, or overworked, you need something old, loved, and familiar to get through. I like dipping into something good-old fashion classics or really light or amusing ones when I just need cheering up.

No comments: