02 August 2011

Macleod's Books-a booklover's paradise










I am literally lost in the bliss of thousands and thousands of books @ MacLeod's Books located at Pender St, Vancouver.

Macleod Books is a mind-blowing labyrinth with real gems hidden inside! The moment you enter the bookstore, you will be welcomed by books packed, crammed & stacked from floor to ceiling. It is an unbelievably-awesome-mess! I would call it an organized chaos! LOL! But I don’t really mind as I love stepping over, around and through the piles of books that are everywhere. I just like to meander around and breathe in the pleasantly musty scent of ancient-vintage books. To me, this place is an oasis on a perfect sunny afternoon or a Mecca on a rainy day but either way, I can totally find myself immersed in a booklover’s paradise like this!

So, if you are in town and a "truly lover of books" --particularly literature and vintage collectibles, then this place is a must-see! It’s a great place to find something no one else is going to have. One can find a marvelous hardbound first edition of Jane Austen Collections, Oscar Wilde play, Yeats, Kipling, R. Browning, Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Dickens, complete works of Shakespeare (Abbey Library 1st edition), Tolstoy and a lot more....the place oozes with rich history and adventure. One can find a wide array of choices, from Opera to Physics, from Poetry to Gardening...yes, it’s sort of messy but I think that’s part of the charm. Yes, it is chaotic and crowded but it’s also a literary bliss! Make sure you visit this place because it's absolutely incredible!


No comments: